Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 2


May 9, 2011
Personal Reading: Primal Chapter 2; Hebrews 11

"It's much easier to act like a Christian than it is to react like one. Anyone can put on an act. But your reactions reveal what is really in your heart. And if you love God with all your heart, you won't just act like it. You'll react like it." Primal, pg. 22

Quotes from team devotions:

"Can we praise Jesus for someone other than Ryan?!"-Carly

"Old men like to pick on people."-Laura

"We're not crazy. Well, we are. But the good crazy."-Bailey

"We're the good kind of dumb...like the good kind of crazy."-Julia

"You may not be thankful for it. But you're thankful in it."-Suzanne, aka hip mom

"Anyone know any European languages? I know German."-Melissa
"I know French!"-Hannah
"I'm fluent in tones and inflections."-Jada

"Can I START the story?"
"FINNISH the story??!"-Suzanne

Today as the kids ran to meet our bus, Isaiah 55:5 ran through my mind completing the beautiful picture: "You will summon nations you know not, and nations that do not know you will hasten to you because of the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, for He has endowed you with splendor."
I found my heart well up. It wasn't even anything I felt like we were doing. It was that knowing that God has us right where he wants us and the reminder that he's with us.
Tonight during our group time in our room there was such a wonderful time of talking, sharing, bonding and prayer. I'm so thankful I was in Romania today.

No comments:

Post a Comment