Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 3

May 11, 2011
Personal Reading: Matthew 5; Primal Chapter 3

"Sometimes our minds interfere with our hearts. Logical objections get in the way of compassionate actions. It's not my responsibility. I'm not ready. I can't make much of a difference anyway. I'm certainly not suggesting that you shouldn't count the cost. You should. But if God is speaking to your heart, don't let your mind get in the way of what God wants you to do. Sometimes loving God with all your heart simply means listening to your heart instead of your head." Primal, pg. 31

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." Matthew 5:6

Today has been my favorite day so far. We walked around sight seeing and ate at McDonalds with Pastor Caba and Andrei and his sister Larissa. Then we ate gelato (what is becoming our favorite pastime). But earlier today the kids were so precious and ran to us again. We taught them how to brush their teeth. They were so excited. We sang "Head, shoulders, knees and toes," and "Hokie Pokie" and the "Hello Song." They LOVE "musica." They jump up and down and clap.
Lunch today was also my favorite. Pastor Caba led us in a universal worship song we all knew and understood and sang from the heart: "Allelujah." It was a beautiful moment and Melissa captured it on video! So happy for that.
Today started off rough. We were tired and some of us were grumpy. But then we prayed and it became the best day so far. Melissa prayed "Let heaven come to Earth." And it did. When she prayed that, tears came to my eyes and the Spirit leaped within me and I knew today would be different. Time for devotions. Everyone is in our room for the nightly dealio.

Quotes from today:
"I speak Romanian: STOP!!"-Julia

"First it was pooping. Today it's a shower."-Jada to Julia

"I'm ready for Budapestic shopping."-Julia

"The European men are so good looking...except the old ones."-Charis
"So the moral of the story is European men don't age well."-Jada

"I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you. Julia was growling."-Jada

"I'm about to fall over."-Hannah..."You just fell over." Jada

No comments:

Post a Comment